Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start writing!
- Granite, which makes up 70-80% of earth’s crust, is an igneous rock formed of interlocking crystals of quartz, feldspar, mica, and other minerals in lesser quantities. Since granite is natural, each project will be unique with pattern variations throughout the slab.
- Granite is quarried from all over the world. There are hundreds of different stones available from Italy, Brazil, India, Spain, France, China, and the USA.
- Granite is one of the hardest of all natural stones, making it extremely durable.
- Some synthetic surfaces scratch easily, while the hardness of the minerals comprising most granite surpasses that of the utensils that are used on them, resulting in excellent scratch resistance. Because of its durability, granite is recommended for use in kitchens over other natural stones.
- Granite can be used indoors and outdoors. Both eye-catching and ageless, it’s available in a range of striking colors, textures and finishes that complement any decor. Granite can hold up in the most demanding situations. When used outdoors, granite’s mineralogical composition can endure freeze and thaw cycles. The diamond-like hardness of granite makes it impervious to extreme heat, ultraviolet light, acids and abrasions. However, it is somewhat porous and requires a penetrating sealer to deter stains. We use a 15 year stain protecting penetrating sealer , on all of our natural stone applications.
- Radon in Granite: This misinformation campaign was generated by engineered stone manufacturers to try and create fear to gain market share. Subsequent reports and testing have proven this false by the Marble Institute of America and can be found on their website at www.marble-institute.com.
- Maintenance: Daily cleaning only requires the use of warm soapy water. Any spills should be wiped up immediately. We will provide care and maintenance instructions at the time of installation.